Saturday, September 5, 2009

New Beginnings.

Well, here I am, one month into a new life and things are simply flying! I have met my new team of doctors and now have everything set up here. The new hematologist Dr. Martin is taking me off of the Danazol and Prednisone as we both agree that they are not working. I am also increasing the Exjade (this takes out the iron in my blood from the transfusions) and I will soon be starting a new medication if some tests come back positive. It will get my body making the blood so I am not so dependent on the transfusions by using some of the extra iron in my blood thereby killing two birds with one stone. I am hopeful that this will all go as planned but regardless, I am happy to be getting off of the Prednisone and Danazol as they have had me on an emotional roller coaster as many of you have doubtless noticed. I did have a really rough weekend a couple of weeks ago, all of it emotional stuff and I think it can be attributed to the meds, yet another reason to be done with them. Regardless of how this all pans out, I am excited to have new doctors and that THEY are excited to be working with me. I am scheduled for a bone density test in a couple of weeks and Dr. Martin wants to do another bone marrow biopsy (I can’t begin to tell you how much I am NOT looking forward to that!) so things are moving right along. Wish me luck!

We have very nearly got everything unpacked and found almost all of the things that were lost in the mix during the packing and moving. I have plans to build a new dining room table and matching benches and I am VERY excited to be back in the shop again, even if it isn’t my shop. I have started to work on the Simplicity and hope to have it working again soon as well. I am sure the neighbors will think me the laziest person on the block for using s riding mower to mow our little patch of lawn, I could probably do it faster with the push mower but it’s the process of bringing something back from the scrap yard that excites me. And I think it’s kinda cute too… I have not as yet done any more work on the truck as I have been busy getting things squared away in the garage. It is nice being able to park in there but I know it will be short lived, there is simply not enough room for both vehicles in there with all of our other stuff. Perhaps I can put more of the “stuff” up in the rafters above the garage but for now, the van will be relegated to the outdoors. Nothing new for it, just a lot warmer and no snow to shovel off of it in the winter. I hope to have it back on the road by my birthday next year, budget permitting…

The kids have started the school year with the new charter school. We get all the materials from them and we can enroll them in martial arts classes, music lessons, and dance classes among other things and the school will pay for it. So far they are adjusting well and I do not foresee any problems in the future. Molly is making friends with some of the kids in the neighborhood as well as Sarah’s cousin’s kids. I have started taking the dogs for walks in the morning (it gets way too hot way too early!) and I feel great! I am also starting a few other exercises as well trying to shed a few of these extra pounds. Dr. Martin says that when I get off of the Prednisone that will help too. It has also been great for the dogs, as they no longer have the yard space they once did and they have been getting quite restless. They also have little desire to go outside during the day because of the heat, and I can’t say as I blame them there either. I am going to try to get Sarah’s Dad’s dog Levi to work with them too. He is still very much a puppy and has tons of energy. My goal is to get them all to walk together and then I can take our dogs out to his house in the country and walk them all in the morning. The view is much more agreeable to me out there. Levi is a great dog too and I am glad that our dogs get along with him; he just needs to be socialized with other dogs. He has to learn his “place” in the pack so to speak.

Well, that’s about all I have for this month. It has only been a couple of weeks since I posted the last month’s update. I took a few photos of the kids out at Papa’s pool and I’ll try to get them uploaded to the Flickr page. I’ll send you the link when I get that done. Until next month, take care of yourselves and those around you.

All my love,
Tracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment