Friday, December 12, 2008

New beginnings part two...

So today was a much better day. I got up, ate, showered, dressed and actually started cleaning the office. I will admit that there was quite a bit of time spent on the PlayStation today with the kids, but Little Big World is a very cool game and they needed a little help. By and large, the bulk of my time was spent in the office cleaning and reorganizing. It looks like, after talking to my sister, that this room may be on the chopping block in the next couple of weeks as she knows someone that is going to be laid off and could use the work to help pay his bills. With the walls finally insulated and more electrical outlets this room would be ship shape and toasty warm. More on that as it develops, but you can be sure I'll take lots of pictures of the progress.

I must also say that in keeping myself busy today, even with menial tasks like cleaning and getting rid of unnecessary clutter, I feel much better tonight. I think that it helped to get some of that stuff off my chest and give it a voice, but also in keeping my mind occupied with other stuff, I didn't have time to think dark or "evil" thoughts. That's not to say I didn't cry, I exchanged a couple of emails that were touching, but by having something to get back to afterward I was able to process them in a timely fashion and move on. Feels good. I look forward to tomorrow, my nephew is spending the night and I am taking them all sledding at Mom's. She is planning on having a bonfire to warm them afterward. With all that and a little hot cocoa, what more could you ask for?

Until then, peace and blessings be with you.

1 comment:

  1. By nature I am a sedentary soul, and I think that this is not a very healthy nature to have, physically or mentally or spiritually. I'm just all around better off with moderate activity and movement and tasks throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete